Nesting Conditional Actions and Unlocking

Help, support and information for our Game Framework Unity Asset.
If posting about the assets in the extras bundle then please use the appropriate forum.
tenfiddy

Nesting Conditional Actions and Unlocking

Post by tenfiddy » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:15 am

Can I nest conditional actions and does the action of unlocking via a conditional action only fire once?

My conditional action looks for a coin count greater than X and then activates the world. Once active does this action fire again / every time the menu is activated?

I want to activate a dialog (but in VR) ONLY when a world is FIRST open only.

Conditional #1 - IF WORLD UNLOCKED IS FALSE THEN ENABLE CHILD WITH CONDITIONAL #2
Conditional #2- IF COINS ARE GREATER THAN X - UNLOCK WORLD and ENABLE CHILD WITH DIALOG

I will have the dialog inactive on a disabled child and activate it when the conditional action fires the unlock. Should only fire once, right?

I am doing this on a Manual Button and wanted to do this from a loop in the future. Than my question would be how to make the Dialog different. Like if World Three was opening: I could set the text variables to grab the loop, but how could I get a sprite with the correct World #? Like show...You opened World (NAME) - And Description and A Sprite... Can it all come from the resource file?

mahewitt
Site Admin

Re: Nesting Conditional Actions and Unlocking

Post by mahewitt » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:57 pm

Hi,

When the conditions are evaluated depends a bit from condition to condition, but most only aim on events when conditions changed so *should* only run once. It should also be possible to nest them.

Sprites can come from the resource (GameItem) files. Check out the Set Sprite Renderer To World Sprite components and similar

Mark