UNLOCKING WORLDS NOT WORKING - By Stars

Help, support and information for our Game Framework Unity Asset.
If posting about the assets in the extras bundle then please use the appropriate forum.
tenfiddy

UNLOCKING WORLDS NOT WORKING - By Stars

Post by tenfiddy » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:57 pm

Moved to this thread

Unlocking the worlds does not work. I have tried to unlock with the UnlockWorldButton... but the dialog pops up and I would don't want that in VR, And after I unlock the level with the UnlockWorldButton it (the button) becomes inactive. Removing the scripts makes the button function again.

Everything works with the Cheat functions when I unlock all worlds.
When I unlock with the UnlockWorldButton action, the animation plays...it appears to be unlocked, but will not respond when clicked.

I want to unlock the worlds with the Total Stars earned through the entire game. I want to set the worlds like (World 2 -20 Stars, World 3 - 40 Stars, World 4 - 60 Stars) But not have the stars deduct from the total stars (no coins) So if the player has 40 total stars - World 3 would open. I am using, at the moment, the coin total to represent the total game stars won. But, I don't want to "Pay" for the new Worlds, just open them when I get past a certain amount of Total Game Stars Won. Just If TotalGameStarsWon > Number then Unlock.

Can you help me with this please.

I hope this is the last hurdle. Thank you for your help.

mahewitt
Site Admin

Re: UNLOCKING WORLDS NOT WORKING - By Stars

Post by mahewitt » Wed Sep 11, 2019 6:47 pm

From what you need, do you think it would be enough with a new condition that compares against "World Stars Won" for this within the Conditional Action component?

tenfiddy

Post by tenfiddy » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:04 pm

No.

I think that a new int of "World Stars Won Total" that represents all of the stars won in the game would work. Then a conditional would be no problem. In my game, the dependency is based upon the total stars accumulated in the entire game, not just the amount won in a specific world. But I do think that having both would be important to someone else's project. I could see wanting to have a certain star count in one world in order to progress to another.

Examples of this simple type of progression would be mobile games like "Cut the Rope" and even "Angry Birds" and of course "Mario Sunshine" and the like...

I have bypassed this by giving the player coins that represent the WorldStarsWonTotal ... I could have also used the score. But I think that 1 more int value would do the trick. Then you have Coins, Score, and LevelStars, WorldStars and TotalWorldStars in the entire game to use in conditional actions...woo hoo!

mahewitt
Site Admin

Post by mahewitt » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:11 pm

I added this in. New counters for World Stars, Total Stars and conditions:

https://github.com/FlipWebApps/GameFramework/pull/35

tenfiddy

Post by tenfiddy » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:14 pm

OK - what do I download? It looks like it was deleted.

Thank you for doing this BTW. :D

mahewitt
Site Admin

Post by mahewitt » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:30 pm

Just the branch taht was deleted. If you aren't used to using git then go to https://github.com/FlipWebApps/GameFramework and click the Clone or Download button to get a zip file. You then want to ovewrite the FlipWebApps/GameFramework scripts folder with the one in the zip (again take a backup copy first).

tenfiddy

Post by tenfiddy » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:59 pm

Before I change everything...

Are all of the changes you made for me included in this new version? Like the new ... CreateGameItemButtons.cs ?

The version that I am using works, but with some work-arounds...however, I want to use the new stuff.

I made back-ups. BTW.

Thanks