Greying Out Locked Worlds - Sprite Swap

Help, support and information for our Game Framework Unity Asset.
If posting about the assets in the extras bundle then please use the appropriate forum.
tenfiddy

Greying Out Locked Worlds - Sprite Swap

Post by tenfiddy » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:13 am

Hey there.

Is there a way to grey out worlds that are not available yet? ...Or just change the image when it is unlocked. So, I could make a locked blurry image and and then swap it out when it is unlocked with the good one. I want to keep my player surprised about the next world. And is there anything in Beautiful Transition that may help?

Screenshot of how it is now in VR ...

Screenshot of what I want ...

SO many questions. This is all "icing" things to me. The core works... but I like the polish too.

mahewitt
Site Admin

Re: Greying Out Locked Worlds - Sprite Swap

Post by mahewitt » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:42 pm

Try out the ConditionalAction component. Something along the lines of the below should work:
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (54.7 KiB) Viewed 347 times
For the polish you mention, try adding BeautifulTransitions Transitions such as Fade or Wipe to animate the swap.

tenfiddy

Post by tenfiddy » Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:28 pm

The conditional action with 0 set as the Number does not work. If I set it to the actual world numbers it does work. But, I am unable to loop thru each worlds number to create a different world number for the corresponding button. Is there a {0} function or something? The Number "box" will only allow numbers.

mahewitt
Site Admin

Post by mahewitt » Sat Sep 07, 2019 7:32 am

If you are manually creating the buttons then you should be able to just set the desired number. If they are being created automatically using a CreateWorldButtons then you should be able to use the FromLoop option for the Game Item Context