Changing Menu Colors per World and Menu Click Sounds

Help, support and information for our Game Framework Unity Asset.
If posting about the assets in the extras bundle then please use the appropriate forum.
tenfiddy

Changing Menu Colors per World and Menu Click Sounds

Post by tenfiddy » Wed Aug 28, 2019 7:53 am

Hello again. I was wondering if there is a way to change the colors based on the world? So World 1 = Blue menus and World 2 = Red. I can do this thru a playmaker FSM on the prefab buttons. It could get the world number (A global for me) and then change based on that number. But wanted to know if I was missing something...before I do extra work.

And I want to add menu sounds on open, close, click and "locked". Again- I can do this through a playmaker FSM - but thought this may be in your code somewhere.

So much stuff in here - I have spent the last few weeks doing nothing else but implementing your code in VR. So far, so good. I chose your asset because of the mobile capabilities. I want to bring the game to mobile and thought it could serve well in both platforms.

Thanks for your help. And let me know if you are interested in a VR tutorial with playmaker. I can do it :D while its still fresh in my head.

Sorry to blow up your forum. But, I'm on a mission -lol

mahewitt
Site Admin

Re: Changing Menu Colors per World and Menu Click Sounds

Post by mahewitt » Sat Aug 31, 2019 5:37 pm

Hi. No problem with the questions - great to know what people are using, or if there are things that could be useful to add.

There are several ways you can do this, and what you have in place sounds like it would work well. With my code, the easiest way would be to use the ConditionalAction component to selectively enable / disable conponents with the different properties pre-set although that does mean you need duplicate components (e.g. Text with each colour pre-set). Other than that you would need to use code, so in that sense it might be easiest to stick with PlayMaker for this.

If you are interested in doing a tutorial that that would be great. I can certainly link to anything that you create. :D