Unlock dialog with ?

Help, support and information for our Game Framework Unity Asset.
If posting about the assets in the extras bundle then please use the appropriate forum.
blamejane

Unlock dialog with ?

Post by blamejane » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:38 am

I figured out my previous problem with the city background height; just changed the Transform -> Y to 1 and everything is lined-up.

So for this post I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong because according to Part 5, after adding the UI Camera my animations should work (and they do) however I'm curious about the tutorial page because it shows the unlock dialog with a 3D block displaying a "?". Should I be seeing this in my game when I run it?

Next question, you say "As a further exercise you could try adding a Panel background behind the Level Buttons and a Coin icon at the top right". What is the purpose of the "panel" added behind the level buttons; other than to see if I could do it? Sorry to be so anal about everything.

mahewitt
Site Admin

Re: Unlock dialog with ?

Post by mahewitt » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:40 am

Hi. The themed unlock should show a spinning cube as part of the animation. It can be tricky to get this working properly though due to combining 3D content with the UI, so slight changes or omissions in the previous steps might cause problems. As you mentioned you had hte extras bundle, I would check out the completed sample and verify how that works first (under: FlipWebApps\GameFrameworkTutorials\GettingStarted).

The panel was nothing more than an extra background to customise the look, same with the coins icon. Might be I remove that point from the tutorial though as I can see it might be confusing.

Mark