Applying a theme, background image doesn't fill screen

Help, support and information for our Game Framework Unity Asset.
If posting about the assets in the extras bundle then please use the appropriate forum.
blamejane

Applying a theme, background image doesn't fill screen

Post by blamejane » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:46 am

Hi,

Loving this asset, which I will review as soon as I stop doing the tutorials; having way to much fun. Anyway I'm on Part 5, trying to apply a theme (yes I purchased extras bundle), and the city background sprite is not filling my screen. I have 1920 x 1080 scale with screen on all canvases and my game window set to 1920 x 1080.

I hate having to ask because I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. (fyi, there's a bar/banner (80-ish pixel size area) a the top of the screen that's not covered by the image. I can't for the life of me figure it out.

mahewitt
Site Admin

Re: Applying a theme, background image doesn't fill screen

Post by mahewitt » Thu Feb 21, 2019 10:32 am

Hi,

Glad that you are enjoying the asset, and thanks for the support in buying the extras bundle. The background in the tutorial is just one example of how you can do such things. As you note, depending on things like screen sizes you might see borders. The simplest option is just to adjust the position and scale of that game object.

A more advanced option to try later would be to use things like tilemaps as discussed here.

Hope that helps
Mark