Unity Ads

Help, support and information for our Game Framework Unity Asset.
If posting about the assets in the extras bundle then please use the appropriate forum.
bradjensen68

Unity Ads

Post by bradjensen68 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:42 pm

Hello! OK, so I am trying to add Unity Ads to my game. I have never doen this before, so I don't know if I this is just a simple question or not. I added a button with OnButtonClickWatchAdvertForCoins and the ShowAdvert on another page. I have installed the latest Unity Monitization System, set up an account, and enabled it. Now, no matter what I do, I still cannot test the button in editor. I just get a pop-up saying that I have not enabled Unity Ads. Do I have to test it in a build or how else can I see if it is working or not?

mahewitt
Site Admin

Re: Unity Ads

Post by mahewitt » Thu Jan 17, 2019 6:33 pm

Hi. I have seen this problem before, but not really identified a good fix. When you enable Unity ads it should also enable some #defines that GameFramework uses to include the correct code. For some reason this isn't always picked up. I have seen various combinations of restarts has worked before. As a quick fix you could always remove the #ifdef & #endif lines from teh OnButtonClickWatchAdvertForCoins script.

Let me know if either of the above helps.